Binning Blogs and Testing Tables

Binning Blogs and Testing Tables

Well hello! Two weeks have passed and so it’s time once again for a quick recap. Shall we dive right into it? Preamble is overrated I hear!

First up, some housekeeping. I started this blog for a few reasons; to push word of our goings-on to you lovely readers, to spread word of the company and grow, and finally, to hold me accountable, and to motivate me into keeping focus so I would have something to say. Right now, if you are reading this, I can say we are hitting one out of three. This is not ideal. I think with an average of three (wonderful) active readers, this fortnightly frolic is costing more time than it is gaining in attention and motivation. I think, sadly, it is time to cut back once again.

My initial intent is to switch to a monthly format, and to maybe cover more topics each blog, but I will be playing it by ear and adjusting accordingly! You haven’t heard the last of my rampant ramblings, but I think this switch is the best plan going forward. I also think, with that switch up, I will try out new ways of promoting the company – maybe looking into short form video content more frequently, and promoting on Reddit as well as Twitter and Facebook, but once again, this will all be played by ear.

Boring stuff dealt with, what exactly have I been up to this fortnight? Well, I’ve been playing around with the bite functionality some more, trying my best to understand Unity joints, and how to physics, and I’ve made some under the hood modifications that have helped, but aren’t super visible. So to really spice things up, I’ve also played around with the camera some more, to try and create a look that allows more content to be on the screen, without sacrificing visibility. here is a before and after shot:

The fence isn’t fully aligned yet, but you get the idea!

The change means that we have a lot more real estate to put in objects, but it does make them smaller. I would love to know what you think!

But that still didn’t seem like enough work, so I decided to add a new asset, something we can use in multiple ways! A flexible asset, both problem and solution! I’m hyping it up here, can you tell? It’s a table.

I know it doesn’t look like much, but breaking the table legs is satisfying and it creates a lot of opportunities for level setup and design. I’m pretty happy with how it has turned out. As the outtakes attest to, there are still some issues, but once those are fixed, and I sort out an actual table mesh with colour and whatnot, I think it’ll be a great addition to the game!

That’s about all I’ve got for you this time around, the rest of my time has been spent on the bite, and on learning some new skills (I’ve been doing some light video editing), so there isn’t much else going on. Come next month, I’ll check in with you all again, and hopefully have more to talk about!

Matt out.

14 thoughts on “Binning Blogs and Testing Tables

  1. This is the right website for everyone who hopes to find out about this topic. You understand so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I personally will need toÖHaHa). You definitely put a brand new spin on a subject which has been written about for a long time. Wonderful stuff, just great!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top